Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aom

Default Mail merge: merging number from excel to word.

I have number colum like this 5.98 (in excel sources).And I merge this colum
to word and I have problem when I use mail merge like this 5.982222222222222.

How should I set it for keep 5.98 in word file?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Aom wrote:
I have number colum like this 5.98 (in excel sources).And I merge
this colum to word and I have problem when I use mail merge like this
5.982222222222222.

How should I set it for keep 5.98 in word file?

With a numeric formatting switch -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nika Lampe

Hi,

the problem you've described occurs because mail merge by default uses ole
db connection. The problem and its solution is described in KB article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320473/en-us.

Regards,
Nika Lampe

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Aom wrote:
I have number colum like this 5.98 (in excel sources).And I merge
this colum to word and I have problem when I use mail merge like this
5.982222222222222.

How should I set it for keep 5.98 in word file?

With a numeric formatting switch -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

The DDE connection method (which is how Word used to connect to its data
before Word 2002) will correct this issue and is mentioned on the linked web
page in question, but a formatting switch on the field is quicker and easier
to implement.

How do I mail merge to EMAIL from MS Word AND add a pdf attachment Lily@Insight Mailmerge 24 January 15th 07 09:33 PM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Mail Merge Word 2003 Excel 2003 database Gwendolyn Mailmerge 1 February 8th 06 02:59 PM