Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Talia

Default How do I convert a Word file to PDF without it...

How do I convert a Word file to a PDF file without ot being so huge? Like I
have Adobe online, I have a account and everything, but when I scan something
and try to send it, it's so big, or when I try to convert a Word file over to
PDF, I can not, what am I doing wrong?? PLEASE HELP ME!!!! My boss always
has me send something in PDF, but when I do it's always to big, how can this
be done another way?!?!?!?
--
THANK YOU KINDLY,
Talia

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Generally .pdf files are smaller than the source file. Bear in mind that I
have Acrobat installed on my computer and don't use the online thing. Why
are you scanning it in? Won't it accept a .doc file? It should. If not, it's
time to either buy Acrobat and install it or use one of the cheap/free .pdf
creating program.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Talia" wrote in message
How do I convert a Word file to a PDF file without ot being so huge? Like
have Adobe online, I have a account and everything, but when I scan
something
and try to send it, it's so big, or when I try to convert a Word file over
PDF, I can not, what am I doing wrong?? PLEASE HELP ME!!!! My boss
always
has me send something in PDF, but when I do it's always to big, how can
this
be done another way?!?!?!?
--
THANK YOU KINDLY,
Talia

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Get one of the free PDF convertors that you can down load from one of the
pages that appear when you Google for Free PDF

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Talia" wrote in message
How do I convert a Word file to a PDF file without ot being so huge? Like
have Adobe online, I have a account and everything, but when I scan
something
and try to send it, it's so big, or when I try to convert a Word file over
PDF, I can not, what am I doing wrong?? PLEASE HELP ME!!!! My boss
always
has me send something in PDF, but when I do it's always to big, how can
this
be done another way?!?!?!?
--
THANK YOU KINDLY,
Talia

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stantonm

...or you can get permission to use the 2007 beta of Word, that will convert
your document to .PDF Just open the doc in Word 2007, save as, choose .pdf
from "Save as type"

"Talia" wrote:

How do I convert a Word file to a PDF file without ot being so huge? Like I
have Adobe online, I have a account and everything, but when I scan something
and try to send it, it's so big, or when I try to convert a Word file over to
PDF, I can not, what am I doing wrong?? PLEASE HELP ME!!!! My boss always
has me send something in PDF, but when I do it's always to big, how can this
be done another way?!?!?!?
--
THANK YOU KINDLY,
Talia

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Eric

Talia,

If you have to scan to make a PDF, what is happening is that you are
creating a separate image, like a jpg or a tif for each page. If this is the
case, lower your scanning resolution. If the recipient is going to read the
document on screen, you can lower your resolution (in your scanner software,
or on your copier/scanner) to 72 or 96 dpi. If they are going to print the
document, lower it to 150 dpi for a mostly text document or 200 dpi for a
document with graphics that need to be clearly viewed. Most scanners and
copier/scanners default to 300 dpi or 600 dpi. The size difference is
significant. A 72 dpi scan is one-fourth the size of a 300 dpi scan and
1/12th the size of a 600 dpi scan.

But follow the other advice and get a PDF program for your computer.

Eric