Flip

Default mspaint not supported?

Hi NG,
What happened to MsPaint? Clicking a picture used to start this program in
Word97.
Now, via ToolsOptionsEdit a picture-editor may be chosen.
Can we use this to reconnect Paint somehow?
Flip

ivcchelpdesk

Flip:

Do you still have MS Paint in your Start | Programs | Accessories menu? If
yes, then you can try this to reset your default picture/photo editor...

Right-click Start | Explore
Select menu Tools | Folder Options | File Types
Select the file type you wish to change (.jpg, .gif, et. al.)
At the bottom of the dialog box "Details for [ext]"
Opens with [Program Name] click the Change button and select from the list
When you are done assigning programs, click Apply

Sometimes when you add other software to your computer, it will ask if you
want to make it the default for that process. We don't always realize what
we are selecting.

"Flip" wrote:

Hi NG,
What happened to MsPaint? Clicking a picture used to start this program in
Word97.
Now, via ToolsOptionsEdit a picture-editor may be chosen.
Can we use this to reconnect Paint somehow?
Flip

Flip

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
It was a good idea to check the assignments. Too bad the .BMP already was
correctly assigned to Paint.
Paint is not (never was) part of the Office package. In Versions after O97
it was probably not conveniant anymore to use the program as editor.
If installed one may use Photo Editor which does belong to Office.

I just wandered if this change is documented somewhere and if it is possible
to still use Paint, maybe through ToolsOptionsEdit or through editing a
key in the Windows Register.
I vaguely remember having read something about this but can't find it
anymore.