Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
karenb316 karenb316 is offline

Default Hyperlink Problems

Hi -

I put a hyperlink into a Word document to a PDF on my office's Network. I
saved and closed the document , reopened the it and then tested the link
(which worked). I closed the document, and then someone else opened it, and
the link no longer worked. You could click, but an error message said the
link wasn't working. The link had also changed from what I originally put it.
This is the second time I've had this problem. Any thoughts?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kooster Kooster is offline

Probably a file (network) access issue. Did the second person try the link
from another domain or outside the firewall. Put the PDF on a public space
outside the firewall, e.g., Web site, or personal Web space from your
personal/local ISP. Then try and access the file from a number of desktops.
That should help you isolate the network, or the link.

P.
--
Overcome Sales Barriers
http://salesbarriers.typepad.com/