June

Default Word 202 crash

While working on a document, screens pop up saying
Microsoft is detecting an error and do I want to report
it? I always say yes. Then I must choose from one or
more more versions of recovered documents which is a real
inconvenience, especially if it is a lengthy doc.

Tonight, the screen told me to download Office updates to
help prevent the crashes and to install the original
Microsft CD. But I don't have Office, so I am afraid
to do this. Can you please advise me? I guess you can
tell I'm pretty much a novice.

Thank you.
Amedee Van Gasse

June shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

While working on a document, screens pop up saying
Microsoft is detecting an error and do I want to report
it? I always say yes. Then I must choose from one or
more more versions of recovered documents which is a real
inconvenience, especially if it is a lengthy doc.

Tonight, the screen told me to download Office updates to
help prevent the crashes and to install the original
Microsft CD. But I don't have Office, so I am afraid
to do this. Can you please advise me? I guess you can
tell I'm pretty much a novice.

Thank you.

You *should* have an installation CD. Perhaps it came with your
computer? Please ask in the shop where you bought MS Office or your PC.
I'm assuming here you are using a legal copy of MS Office.

If they cannot help you, you have to buy a new copy of MS Office.

If you're out of money and don't want to use an illegal copy of MS
Office, try OpenOffice (http://www.openoffice.org). It's free, Free,
and can work with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powderpoint) documents.

June

Mny thanks again. You are terrific!
If you have just Word (purchased freestanding or

acquired as part of Works
Suite), go ahead and download the Office updates. Only

those that apply to
Word will be installed.

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups

to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"June" wrote in

message