Michelle

Default Word 2003 Mail Merge - view source

In Word 2000, you could view the complete database in Word format by clicking
on the View Source button on the Data Form. In Word 2003 the View Source
button is not active - why is this and how do I view the data source from the
mail merge?

Thanks for any help
Doug Robbins

You can use a Directory type mailmerge main document using the same
datasource, with the mergefields in the cells of a one row table to create a
document containing a table with all of the records in it.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Michelle" wrote in message
In Word 2000, you could view the complete database in Word format by
clicking
on the View Source button on the Data Form. In Word 2003 the View Source
button is not active - why is this and how do I view the data source from
the
mail merge?

Thanks for any help

Doug Robbins

Must be something in the past or maybe something in the future.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

You can use a Directory type mailmerge main document using the same
datasource, with the mergefields in the cells of a one row table to
create a
document containing a table with all of the records in it.

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on a
paid
consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Michelle" wrote in message
In Word 2000, you could view the complete database in Word format by
clicking
on the View Source button on the Data Form. In Word 2003 the View
Source
button is not active - why is this and how do I view the data source
from
the
mail merge?

Thanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kristi in Oregon[_2_] Kristi in Oregon[_2_] is offline

I feel for you Michelle... I used and liked that button in the past but with
Word 2003 and now 2007 it is still unavailable. It was a handy way to open
the Datasource file if needed for renovations to the data.
Doug - I have often wondered why it was still there even though it was
inactive. Just a reminder of the past when things were so simple and easy. Is
there any talk of when/if that might be a valid option again?