Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] billsahiker@yahoo.com is offline

Default Enabling multiple lines per cell

How do I enable typing multiple lines in one cell without resizing the
cell? I downloaded a word 2000 document with a table that I need to
fill in and email back. On the first row, the first cell restricts me
to typing on one line and if I let the text wrap it expands the entire
row down. this is not what I want. However the other two cells on the
same row do not resize when the text wraps to a second line, nor when I
hit the enter key to add a new line. Wrap is on and autosizing is off
for the table. In looking at all of the table and cell properties,
including table options, everything appears to be the same for all
cells, but clearly something is different. But what?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Try the following:

Select all the cells and, in the Cell Options dialog box, turn on
"Wrap text" and turn off "Fit text."

Also, set a fixed height for (the selected) row(s): On the Table menu,
click Table Properties. Click the Row tab. Check the "Specify height"
option, type a suitable value, and, at "Row height is," choose
"Exactly." Click OK.

Another thing to consider: On the Table menu, click AutoText, and then
click Fixed Column Width. This ensures that each column has a fixed
width.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP