Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ian Richardson ACITP Ian Richardson ACITP is offline

Default Linked images in Word 2003 doc

Hi

I have asked this before but forgotten the answer and can't find when I
search. I have inserted images as links in a Word doc but now want to
globally delete them.

I have deleted all the index fields with find & replace ^d XE.

How do I delete image links {INCLUDEPICTURE blah blah MERGEFORMAT \d}

Thanks

Ian
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Ian

Ian Richardson ACITP wrote:
I have asked this before but forgotten the answer and can't find when I
search. I have inserted images as links in a Word doc but now want to
globally delete them.

I have deleted all the index fields with find & replace ^d XE.

How do I delete image links {INCLUDEPICTURE blah blah MERGEFORMAT \d}

once you know it, it's not rocket science: search for "^d
INCLUDEPICTURE" (or "^dINCLUDEPICTURE" if you really don't have a space
between the opening bracket and the field name).

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ian Richardson ACITP Ian Richardson ACITP is offline

Hi

thanks for the replies.

Suzanne, all the graphics are linked so I wanted to delete them all.

Robert, I had already tried your first suggestion and it only found 23 out
of about 1100. I thought I'd done something wrong which is why I posted. I
have just tried your second suggestion and it worked.

Many thanks

Ian

Ian Richardson ACITP wrote:
I have asked this before but forgotten the answer and can't find when I
search. I have inserted images as links in a Word doc but now want to
globally delete them.

I have deleted all the index fields with find & replace ^d XE.

How do I delete image links {INCLUDEPICTURE blah blah MERGEFORMAT \d}

once you know it, it's not rocket science: search for "^d
INCLUDEPICTURE" (or "^dINCLUDEPICTURE" if you really don't have a space
between the opening bracket and the field name).

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
X Against HTML | for
/ \ in e-mail & news | Word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Ian

Ian Richardson ACITP wrote:
Robert, I had already tried your first suggestion and it only found 23 out
of about 1100. I thought I'd done something wrong which is why I posted. I
have just tried your second suggestion and it worked.

Glad you got it sorted out. Word might not find the fields once you push
the pictures out of the main body text area (by using Shapes, i.e., by
setting the text flow options to anything but "Inline with text").

And I'm glad I don't have to come up with the correct syntax for
searching only the linked fields (that's a good deal more complicated ;-)).

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As Robert says, if the pictures are wrapped (have text wrapping other than
In Line With Text), the field code will not be displayed and so cannot be
found. So you first have to make them all inline. This could be equally a
problem since there's no good way to find them, either (setting the Browse
object to Graphic still finds only inline pictures).

"Ian Richardson ACITP" wrote

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

But if the OP wants to delete only the *linked* graphics?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.