Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lee Indigo Lee Indigo is offline

Default Email address field in Word won't save addresses

Hi,
I regularly send updated word documents out to various recipients using the
email button in Word. However, I have a very annoying problem which has only
just started happening.

In word 2003, when I click the email button to send a message (via outlook)
the email toolbar appears. If I input a number of recipients (either in the
"to" field or "cc/bcc" and save the document with the email address toolbar
visible, this will save the recipients addresses so that I do not have to add
them in the next time. When I update the document, save any changes etc... as
soon as I click "send a copy" the email address toolbar closes automatically.
If I click on the email button again immediately, the list of recipients is
displayed. However, if I close the document (even after saving changes) and
then go back into the document and click the email button, none of the
recipients are there and I have to add them in manually again.

I know I could use groups to speed up the process of entering the email
addresses but this would mean creating lots of groups. Also the recipient
list changes regularly anyway, so this option is not really viable.

Try it for yourself...see how annoying it really is. Let me know of any
workarounds or ideas you may have.