Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Wordguy1000 Wordguy1000 is offline

Default Disappearing table borders

I have a huge document that was OCR scanned from a PDF file. It contains more
than 130 tables. On nearly all tables, the bottom border will not appear. I
have seen the same problem in both Word 2000 and Word 2007. Can anyone tell
me what I have to do to get the bottom borders to appear? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Does http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...sDontPrint.htm cover it?
OCR at its best is somewhat hit and miss.

Wordguy1000 wrote:
I have a huge document that was OCR scanned from a PDF file. It
contains more than 130 tables. On nearly all tables, the bottom
border will not appear. I have seen the same problem in both Word
2000 and Word 2007. Can anyone tell me what I have to do to get the
bottom borders to appear? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Wordguy1000 wrote:
I have a huge document that was OCR scanned from a PDF file. It
contains more than 130 tables. On nearly all tables, the bottom
border will not appear. I have seen the same problem in both Word
2000 and Word 2007. Can anyone tell me what I have to do to get the
bottom borders to appear? Thanks.

Thanks but the FAQ doesn't help. It's not the bottom of pages that are the problem. It's only the bottom border of tables. I can grab a handle and drag the table to the point where the bottom border appears but this then pushes material at the bottom of the page down into the next page.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Doug
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It will be almost impossible to get the same layout as the original document
without a great deal of work. It is not a task I would want to undertake,
and the probability of document corruption is huge so I would urge you to
save versions - see http://www.gmayor.com/save_numbered_versions.htm
You need to examine the borders and margins of the tables (which from OCR
may be all different from one another) and reset them to give you the sort
of results you require. It may be worth copying them into a new document to
work on them - or even into Excel - then create a new document from the
various parts. PDF files were not intended to be reverse engineered in this
way.