Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Emily Emily is offline

Default How do I stop text disappearing in a table?

I am amending a Word document created by someone else. There are several
separate tables. When typing text to more than the width of these tables the
extra text disappears, apparently behind the table. I need the cells to
remain the same size (the information needs to remain on one page), so it
would be useful if I could limit the amount of text someone can type. Lots of
different users will need to use this document, so it needs to be easy to use.

Can you tell me how to prevent the text from disappearing?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MiComputerGeek78 MiComputerGeek78 is offline

Hi.

In the cells that you want to limit text in, insert Text Form Fields. Once
you insert the first Text Form Field, go into the properties and set the max.
length to whatever the max. amount of letters you can fit in the cell. Then
copy and past the form field to all the other cells you need to limit. You
can access Text Form Field option through the Forms Toolbar. However you
also will then need to Protect the Form for this to work properly but if its
a form you only want people to fill in then that will actually make life much
easier.

Here is a link to where it goes through some more detailed steps on using
Form Fields:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...CH063563531033

Hope this helps!