Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kauaicrab kauaicrab is offline

Default mail merge is putting extra space in between city and state

I am doing a mail merge in office 2007 and on all the adresses there is extra
space between the city and state, up to 16. I have checked my data file and
it is fine in there and it won't let me fix it in the review tab any solutions
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi kauaicrab,

I suspect your data source has padded data fields - Word is unlikely to be adding in extra spaces of its own accord. Alternatively,
could there be a tab in your mailmerge template between the City and State fields?

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]