Joe Fisher

Default Lable Merge won't work for me...

Hi, I'm using Office XP, the database was made using *I think* Filemaker Pro

The database has First Name Last Name Address City State Zip
these fields.

I have sheets of blank Avery labels on which I want to merge the information
from the database.

However, when I go through the merge wizard, once I click OK after the I
select the data source and names, then click OK, all I get is a sheet full
of labels, each label has Next Record in it.

Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong? Is it possible the datasource
is not compatible?

--
Joe Fisher
Teacher, K-8

Joe Fisher

Thank you Suzanne. I hadn't seen some of the options.
I found the merge wizard easier to use in Office 97.:-)

--
Joe Fisher
Teacher, K-8
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It sounds as if you have not performed the merge. See "How to use the mail
merge to create mailing labels in Word 2002" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294684 for complete instructions.

so
all may benefit.

"Joe Fisher" wrote in message
Hi, I'm using Office XP, the database was made using *I think* Filemaker

Pro

The database has First Name Last Name Address City State Zip
these fields.

I have sheets of blank Avery labels on which I want to merge the

information
from the database.

However, when I go through the merge wizard, once I click OK after the I
select the data source and names, then click OK, all I get is a sheet
full
of labels, each label has Next Record in it.

Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong? Is it possible the
datasource
is not compatible?

--
Joe Fisher
Teacher, K-8
Marion, MT

Joe Fisher

TY
Joe
"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm

You can restore the old Mail Merge Helper from Tools | Customize.

"Joe Fisher" wrote in message
Thank you Suzanne. I hadn't seen some of the options.
I found the merge wizard easier to use in Office 97.:-)

--
Joe Fisher
Teacher, K-8
Marion, MT
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It sounds as if you have not performed the merge. See "How to use the

mail
merge to create mailing labels in Word 2002" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294684 for complete instructions.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Joe Fisher" wrote in message
Hi, I'm using Office XP, the database was made using *I think*

Filemaker
Pro

The database has First Name Last Name Address City State Zip
these fields.

I have sheets of blank Avery labels on which I want to merge the

information
from the database.

However, when I go through the merge wizard, once I click OK after the

select the data source and names, then click OK, all I get is a sheet
full
of labels, each label has Next Record in it.

Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong? Is it possible the
datasource
is not compatible?

--
Joe Fisher
Teacher, K-8
Marion, MT

Joe Fisher

Would you suggest that I do that? As I said, I liked the old one better, but
then again, I haven't used the now one hardly at all. Are there advantages
to the new layout that I should get used ito? Instead of reverting?

--

"Joe Fisher" wrote in message
Hi, I'm using Office XP, the database was made using *I think*

Filemaker
Pro

The database has First Name Last Name Address City State Zip
these fields.

I have sheets of blank Avery labels on which I want to merge the
information
from the database.

However, when I go through the merge wizard, once I click OK after the

select the data source and names, then click OK, all I get is a sheet
full
of labels, each label has Next Record in it.

Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong? Is it possible the
datasource
is not compatible?

--
Joe Fisher
Teacher, K-8
Marion, MT

As a compromise, see
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/...MailMerges.htm. This is the
approach I like because I know what I'm doing, and I can set up an entire
merge (or run an existing one) from the Mail Merge toolbar, without help
from either Helper or Wizard.

"Joe Fisher" wrote in message
[...]

Graham Mayor

Joe Fisher wrote:
Would you suggest that I do that? As I said, I liked the old one
better, but then again, I haven't used the now one hardly at all. Are
there advantages to the new layout that I should get used ito?
Instead of reverting?

You can restore the old Mail Merge Helper from Tools | Customize.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.