Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mikael Lindqvist Mikael Lindqvist is offline

Default Expandable table in Word, need to setup "dynamic" next post if

Hi,

First, the terminology may be wrong, I'm using Word 2007 swedish version so
I'm a bit unsure of the english terms.

WHAT I WANT TO ACHIEVE
I have a pre formated table in Word that I want to fill with information
from a list in Access, first row in Word has a field1, field2,... etc
and second row next postfield1, next postfield2, ... etc.

No problem so far..

BUT... I only want to display records from a certain category in Access
(e.g. "all invoices" if customer category = "valuableCust") - and I intend to
set up a table in Word that I fill with information for each "customer
category" - and so I don't know how many rows I need for each table in Word.

QUESTION: Is it possible to have a "dynamic" size of the table in Word so
that instead of "over using" the next post I could somehow get the table
in Word to expand as long as the category match my criteria?

(This is a piece of cake in Access reports, but I need to have the data
exported to Word).

Kindly,
Mikael
Sweden
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

See fellow MVP, macropod's tutorial on Catalogue/Directory Mailmerges at:

http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=731107

But, I would use the Access reports piece of cake method.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Mikael Lindqvist" wrote in