Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Wendy Wendy is offline

Default Insert number of pages within a section rather than document

I am typing a document which has a header page followed by a section break
and then the next 32 pages are numbered in a footer, ie 1 of .... As there
are 33 pages in the document if I use "insert number of pages" within
footers, then the number inserted will be 33. As there are only 32 pages
within that section is there any automatic way of inserting this other than
inputting 32 manually?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You can make use of the SECTIONPAGES field. If you have already inserted
NUMPAGES (the number of pages in the whole document), you can do the
following: Show the field codes by pressing Alt+F9. You'll see { NUMPAGES }.
Change the text to SECTIONPAGES. Press F9 to update. Press Alt+F9 again to
hide field codes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Wendy" wrote in message
I am typing a document which has a header page followed by a section break
and then the next 32 pages are numbered in a footer, ie 1 of .... As
there
are 33 pages in the document if I use "insert number of pages" within
footers, then the number inserted will be 33. As there are only 32 pages
within that section is there any automatic way of inserting this other
than
inputting 32 manually?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Check out the SectionPages field.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Wendy" wrote:

I am typing a document which has a header page followed by a section break
and then the next 32 pages are numbered in a footer, ie 1 of .... As there
are 33 pages in the document if I use "insert number of pages" within
footers, then the number inserted will be 33. As there are only 32 pages
within that section is there any automatic way of inserting this other than
inputting 32 manually?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Use the SECTIONPAGES field or if you have more than two sections, use { =
{ NUMPAGES -1 }}

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP