Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
VCH91

Default Speech isn't in tools and I want to dictate so how do I?(in word)

I have a microphone and wanted to use it in word to save me from typing. I
looked on the internet for the instructions on how to do it and it told me to
go into tools, speech. BUT on my microsoft word speech is not there, but I
would like to dictate with my microphone still so how do I do it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi VCH,

The Dictation/Speech tools are optional installation features in Office XP(2002) and Office 2003. Use Add/Remove Features in the
Windows control panel, select the Microsoft Office choice and in the Advanced features settings set the 'Alternate Input' features
to 'run from my computer'.

The dictation settings work in U.S. English settings.

=====
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Pricing and Packages for '2007 Microsoft Office System'
http://microsoft.com/office/preview