Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Watty

Default Printing problem using HP Laserjet 1015

Syatem Windows XP at SP2 level..Printer attached via USB.
When printing initiated from Word, any document, even single page doc.
printer is switched to manual [The attention light on the printer flashes],
printing can be started by hitting trhe Go button.This has just started in
the a couple of days ago.
The printer tests both from the PC and at the printer work fine. Printing
from Excel, Wordpad, and the internet all work as they should. I have to
conclude that some I/O module in Word has become corrupted. I cannot find a
suitable download. I am loath to install the whole of MS Word. Can anyone
suggest an easy answer
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In a new blank document based on Normal.dot, without making any changes, go
to Page Setup. On the Paper tab, make sure that the Paper Source settings
are for "Default tray" or "Auto Select" rather than "Manual Feed." If
"Manual Feed" is selected, change it, then click Default..., answer yes, and
click OK.

"Watty" wrote in message
Syatem Windows XP at SP2 level..Printer attached via USB.
When printing initiated from Word, any document, even single page doc.
printer is switched to manual [The attention light on the printer

flashes],
printing can be started by hitting trhe Go button.This has just started in
the a couple of days ago.
The printer tests both from the PC and at the printer work fine. Printing
from Excel, Wordpad, and the internet all work as they should. I have to
conclude that some I/O module in Word has become corrupted. I cannot find

suitable download. I am loath to install the whole of MS Word. Can anyone
suggest an easy answer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Watty

Thank you very much. I have tried your suggestions without success. The fact
that MS Word was the only defaulter made me think that it was the problem.
But I found that the HP driver had become corrupted and when I refreshed it
the problem was fixed.
Thank you anyway

"Watty" wrote in message
Syatem Windows XP at SP2 level..Printer attached via USB.
When printing initiated from Word, any document, even single page doc.
printer is switched to manual [The attention light on the printer

flashes],
printing can be started by hitting trhe Go button.This has just started in
the a couple of days ago.
The printer tests both from the PC and at the printer work fine. Printing
from Excel, Wordpad, and the internet all work as they should. I have to
conclude that some I/O module in Word has become corrupted. I cannot find

suitable download. I am loath to install the whole of MS Word. Can anyone
suggest an easy answer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Glad you found a solution, anyway!

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In a new blank document based on Normal.dot, without making any changes,

go
to Page Setup. On the Paper tab, make sure that the Paper Source

settings
are for "Default tray" or "Auto Select" rather than "Manual Feed." If
"Manual Feed" is selected, change it, then click Default..., answer yes,

and
click OK.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.