Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NewUserSue

Default How can a userinsert a hyperlink within a formfield? (Word2003)

When I unprotect certain areas of the form, I still cannot insert a hyperlink
once the form is protected. Any tips appreciated. TIA.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

How are you unprotecting the "certain areas of the form"?

This works for me: Insert a continuous (or other type of) section
break before the area that needs to be unprotected, and another after
that area. In the Protect Document task pane, after checking the
"Allow only this type..." box and selecting "Filling in forms" in the
dropdown, click the "Select sections" link. In the result dialog,
uncheck the section that should be unprotected. Click the Start
Enforcing button. The form fields will work in the protected section,
and the Insert Hyperlink dialog will work in the unprotected
section.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:15:28 -0800, NewUserSue
wrote:

When I unprotect certain areas of the form, I still cannot insert a hyperlink
once the form is protected. Any tips appreciated. TIA.

Word Hyperlink: Opening & Returning CEB Microsoft Word Help 6 December 1st 06 04:28 PM
Pasting a hyperlink into a document Seajavatea Microsoft Word Help 1 February 5th 06 06:43 PM
hyperlink jr Microsoft Word Help 3 December 9th 04 10:55 PM
Using MAILMERGE fields within HYPERLINK fields for Merge to Email Mark V Mailmerge 2 December 4th 04 04:01 PM
Using Hyperlinks in Mail Merge IF...THEN...ELSE Statements Mark V Mailmerge 8 November 30th 04 01:31 PM