Going Coastal

Default Document won't open

I have several files saved to my Desktop. When I click on an icon to open the
file, Word loads but without the document, not even a blank page. Can Open
With in Notepad or Internet, but not directly using Word. What's going on? Do
I need to reinstall MSO Pro?
Candice

Maybe...
Can you open Word from the start menu? Does it load a blank document then?
If you can open word, check that the documents will open using the Open
command. If so, the docs are ok and you probably need to reinstall or repair
your office installation.

"Going Coastal" wrote:

I have several files saved to my Desktop. When I click on an icon to open the
file, Word loads but without the document, not even a blank page. Can Open
With in Notepad or Internet, but not directly using Word. What's going on? Do
I need to reinstall MSO Pro?

Word 2003 cannot open Word 2003 document MobileGator Microsoft Word Help 5 August 30th 05 09:36 PM
'document or path name is not valid' when trying to open word doc gorbichof Microsoft Word Help 4 August 29th 05 06:52 AM
Design mode off document open JoeKager Microsoft Word Help 2 August 11th 05 10:47 PM
Open document Jeff New Users 6 July 6th 05 12:20 AM
Woird document won't open; blames another user; but I am only use. jim longley Microsoft Word Help 2 February 12th 05 04:51 AM