Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Titolie

Default drop-down field

How do I add into a drop-down box a selection of sentences to finish a
paragraph in a letter. Using the same template but just change certian
endings to a paragraph.

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Titolie

Let me clarify this. I want to add a drop down box at the end of a paragraph
which gives me six reason to why a client it decline, each reason is either a
couple of words too a couple of sentences. I can't add sentences in the drop
down field. How can I get around this.

"Titolie" wrote:

How do I add into a drop-down box a selection of sentences to finish a
paragraph in a letter. Using the same template but just change certian
endings to a paragraph.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Try the AutoTextList field:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Titolie wrote:
How do I add into a drop-down box a selection of sentences to finish a
paragraph in a letter. Using the same template but just change certian
endings to a paragraph.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Titolie

I am having troubles with the expression either when I am done it and press
F9 I get nothing after that. or I get the following Error! Bookmark not
defined. Help

"Titolie" wrote:

How do I add into a drop-down box a selection of sentences to finish a
paragraph in a letter. Using the same template but just change certian
endings to a paragraph.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Titolie

is there another? as I am having trouble with the expression either I get
nothing when I am done get a blank or I get the following Error! Bookmark not
defined.

help thanks

One way is described at

"Titolie" wrote in message
How do I add into a drop-down box a selection of sentences to finish a
paragraph in a letter. Using the same template but just change certian
endings to a paragraph.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not aware of any bookmarks involved in an AutoTextList field. Did you
carefully follow the instructions for creating a style, saving the AutoText
entries in that style, etc.?

"Titolie" wrote in message
is there another? as I am having trouble with the expression either I get
nothing when I am done get a blank or I get the following Error! Bookmark

not
defined.

help thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

One way is described at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Titolie" wrote in message
How do I add into a drop-down box a selection of sentences to finish a
paragraph in a letter. Using the same template but just change certian
endings to a paragraph.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Titolie

ok, thank it worked now. One more question. If I wish to make changes to my
list (add or delete) what do I need to do.

thanks

"Titolie" wrote in message
is there another? as I am having trouble with the expression either I get
nothing when I am done get a blank or I get the following Error! Bookmark

not
defined.

help thanks

One way is described at

"Titolie" wrote in message
How do I add into a drop-down box a selection of sentences to finish a
paragraph in a letter. Using the same template but just change certian
endings to a paragraph.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Create new AutoText entries in the relevant style and delete the unwanted
ones.

"Titolie" wrote in message
is there another? as I am having trouble with the expression either I

get
nothing when I am done get a blank or I get the following Error!

Bookmark
not
defined.

help thanks

One way is described at

"Titolie" wrote in message
How do I add into a drop-down box a selection of sentences to

finish a
paragraph in a letter. Using the same template but just change

certian
endings to a paragraph.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Titolie

Thanks Suzanne.
Everything is working great... one other thing I am saving the document on a
shared drive at the office so everyone can use the same letter. The only
thing is when I come to the "product" and right click the other employees
dont get the same (options) as I do. any way I can fix this.

"Titolie" wrote in message
is there another? as I am having trouble with the expression either I

get
nothing when I am done get a blank or I get the following Error!

Bookmark
not
defined.

help thanks

One way is described at

"Titolie" wrote in message
How do I add into a drop-down box a selection of sentences to

finish a
paragraph in a letter. Using the same template but just change

certian
endings to a paragraph.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Titolie

Everything is working great... one other thing I am saving the document on a
shared drive at the office so everyone can use the same letter. The only
thing is when they come to the "product" and right click on it, the other

Titolie wrote:
How do I add into a drop-down box a selection of sentences to finish a
paragraph in a letter. Using the same template but just change certian
endings to a paragraph.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

AutoText entries can be saved only in a template, so you need to be storing
these entries in a document template and saving that on the shared drive.

"Titolie" wrote in message
is there another? as I am having trouble with the expression

either I
get
nothing when I am done get a blank or I get the following Error!

Bookmark
not
defined.

help thanks

One way is described at

"Titolie" wrote in message
How do I add into a drop-down box a selection of sentences to

finish a
paragraph in a letter. Using the same template but just change

certian
endings to a paragraph.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Titolie

ok done this, only problem is that when the other employees go and use the
letters and right click on product not only do they get the product but they
get all the AutoText entries (i.e signature, Date, time). how to I take these
out of the list, so that just the products show up.

"Titolie" wrote in message
is there another? as I am having trouble with the expression

either I
get
nothing when I am done get a blank or I get the following Error!
Bookmark
not
defined.

help thanks

One way is described at

"Titolie" wrote in message
How do I add into a drop-down box a selection of sentences to
finish a
paragraph in a letter. Using the same template but just change
certian
endings to a paragraph.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you create a specific style just for these entries? I think you need to
field, right? It should show a menu of only the entries in the specific
style you created for them.

"Titolie" wrote in message
is there another? as I am having trouble with the expression

either I
get
nothing when I am done get a blank or I get the following

Error!
Bookmark
not
defined.

help thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

One way is described at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Titolie" wrote in

message
How do I add into a drop-down box a selection of sentences

finish a
paragraph in a letter. Using the same template but just

change
certian
endings to a paragraph.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Titolie

What I followed the instruction carefully the only thing I change was the
word product to reason. when I right click on the word reason It only brings
up the 12 reasons. after saving in a template and moving it into the drive.
when ever anyone else click on reason they get the full list plus the extras.
I must have did something wrong.

"Titolie" wrote in message
is there another? as I am having trouble with the expression
either I
get
nothing when I am done get a blank or I get the following

Error!
Bookmark
not
defined.