Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
javatopia

Default Missing W3561405.CAB

Hello,

I just did a windows update on 3/16/2006 at 4:07PM on my WinXP Pro machine
with Office 2003 Professional Edition (SP2) installed. After restart, when I
go to use Word 2003, I get:

"Installation Error: File not Found

A required installation file W3561405.CAB count not be found"

So I put in the original Office 2003 CD to fix the install, but no good.
The "fixer" dialog is not able to find the missing CAB file on the DVD.

???
--
Jacob W Anderson
---

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cjp

I got a very similar thing on 3 separate machines post latest XP update. I
always have the Office installation files loaded on disk, and I was simply
able to click "Try again" and I blew past the error. I could then get into
Word 2003 and Word does now seem to be running OK. But, now Outlook won't
let me use Word as the email editor as it is complaining about the version
number, so I probably shouldn't have.

Not much help huh? At least you know you're not alone.

cjp

"javatopia" wrote:

Hello,

I just did a windows update on 3/16/2006 at 4:07PM on my WinXP Pro machine
with Office 2003 Professional Edition (SP2) installed. After restart, when I
go to use Word 2003, I get:

"Installation Error: File not Found

A required installation file W3561405.CAB count not be found"

So I put in the original Office 2003 CD to fix the install, but no good.
The "fixer" dialog is not able to find the missing CAB file on the DVD.

???
--
Jacob W Anderson
---
http://www.beyond-ordinary.com
http://www.accessquery.com
---
If you think it''s expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait
until you hire an amateur.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
javatopia

Thanks!

Yeah, this morning outlook complained about some missing speech recognition
software and asked if I wanted to re-install it. This time I answered NO to
that prompt and it seemed to be okay with it.

Maybe this latext XP update did something with the speech recognition
software in Windows??

--
Jacob W Anderson
---

"javatopia" wrote:

Hello,

I just did a windows update on 3/16/2006 at 4:07PM on my WinXP Pro machine
with Office 2003 Professional Edition (SP2) installed. After restart, when I
go to use Word 2003, I get:

"Installation Error: File not Found

A required installation file W3561405.CAB count not be found"

So I put in the original Office 2003 CD to fix the install, but no good.
The "fixer" dialog is not able to find the missing CAB file on the DVD.

???
--
Jacob W Anderson
---
http://www.beyond-ordinary.com
http://www.accessquery.com
---
If you think it''s expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait
until you hire an amateur.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
javatopia

SOLUTION

I fixed this problem by installing the speech input support for all of the
Office 2003 products. After doing this, from the original 2003 DVD, I did
not have to re-install SP2 and the office update reported that everything was
up to date.

--
Jacob W Anderson
---