Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jl

Default Irritating "Save" prompt when nothing has changed

Thanks all for this info! It seems as though anything related
to the Smart Tags subject creates significant irritation! It's
as though you're transported to the least common denominator
user level and are assumed to be completely stupid and need
all the irritating prompts and icons that really do nothing more
than get in the way!

So much for "progress".

Thanks again.

jl

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

Frank,

WRT the save changes prompt, this could be caused by
ToolsOptionsSaveEmbed SmartTags being checked in the offendeing
docuements.

--
Greg Maxey
A peer in "peer to peer" support

F1 wrote:
Hello,

I'm using Word 2002 at work with WinXP and Word 2000 at home with
Win2KPro. Word 2002 has a very irritating feature which I haven't so
far been able to get rid of via the usual help searches.

When I close a Word document, it always asks if I want to save my
changes, even when I haven't made any. Word 2000 doesn't do this.
Word 2002 also opens a blank document every time, as well as the
document I want.

How can I stop Word from asking me if I want to save non-existent
changes every time I close it?

Thanks in advance,
Frank