Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WordProc

Default Document-only shortcut keys for styles

Hello! We often make a new style or two when working on a document to speed
up formatting. We always save these new styles to only the document itself.
Every document is different, so none of these styles can be global. Also, we
usually assign a shortcut key when we make any of these new styles. My
question is, is there any way to quickly see some kind of list of shortcut
keys that are assigned to a document?

(By the way, we do have a custom-made set of styles that we use all the
time. But my question concerns only the styles that are saved to just the
document.)

Thanks so much! I really appreciate any help you could offer!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WordProc

Thanks! I just tried it, and the document key assignments are listed first,
followed by all other available shortcut keys.

"WordProc" wrote in message
Hello! We often make a new style or two when working on a document to

speed
up formatting. We always save these new styles to only the document

itself.
Every document is different, so none of these styles can be global. Also,

we
usually assign a shortcut key when we make any of these new styles. My
question is, is there any way to quickly see some kind of list of shortcut
keys that are assigned to a document?

(By the way, we do have a custom-made set of styles that we use all the
time. But my question concerns only the styles that are saved to just the
document.)

Thanks so much! I really appreciate any help you could offer!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's too bad the page range selection is disabled when you choose this
option; otherwise you could print just the first page or two to save on
paper.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can try selecting "Key assignments" under "Print what" in the Print
dialog. I *think* this prints only the shortcuts for the specific
document/template.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.