Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helen

Default Tables of contents

Hello,

Got a quick question: When we select a title in a document, and mark it to
be part of a table of contents using Alt+Shift+O, what's the "Table
Identifier" option of the dialog box? By default, it is always set to "C".
I changed it to "A" and "B" but all it does is that it does not include the
marked text in my TOC. Only when I leave the identifier at "C" does it
become part of the TOC.

Thanks.

Helen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have just one TOC, it uses the default identifier, which is C. If you
want to have more than one TOC, with different contents, you include the
identifier in both TC fields and TOC field. Note that the Index and Tables
dialog does not provide a way to enter the table identifier switch; you have
to add this to the field manually.