Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fallen Angel

Default No Fill Colors and No Color Line in Word

I use Office XP, Word. In the bottom menu I have "Fill Color" and "Line
Color" buttons. But they empty ( grey blocks only) Nevertheless, "Font Color"
does work and supply my project with all necessary colors as well. What is
going on ? And how to get ( fill in) those absent colors ?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Fill Color and Line Color are available only when an AutoShape is selected.
There is no need even to be displaying the Drawing toolbar unless you're
working with AutoShapes. You may be confusing these with the Shading Color
and Line Color buttons on the Tables and Borders toolbar, which use the same
icons and apply to text rather than graphics.