Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Elaine

Default word 2003 malfunction, setup flash

I am having a horrible time trying to use Word 2003! The first time it was
installed, it kept loading like a snail. I removed office and reloaded.
This is a new computer with win xp. I loaded FrontPage 2003 and Office 2003.

After I reinstalled the 2nd time, it worked ok for awhile, then one day I
tried to use the thesaurus & Word crashed. Everytime since, I notice a quick
flash on the screen that looks like the word Setup in a blue dialog box.

I went to Microsoft tonight and tried to download the SR-2. I still had
problems. Then I went into add & remove programs and clicked Support
Information and clicked for it to repair.

No luck, still problems. Could I have somehow gotten a bum CD-ROM? I teach
computers in jr. high (apps) and this is making me crazy!

I'm not sure if I'll successfully find my way back here. The microsoft site
is huge. #1 Is there a simple way to find the site/community again quickly?
#2 I would appreciate an email to only because I'm not
sure I'll find my way back to get the answer any other way. I was actually
hoping that I'd find live online help somewhere. As I said the site is huge!

I am anxious for help. Many thanks, in advance, to anyone offering
assistance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER POST YOUR FULL EMAIL ADDRESS.

I put that in caps because I want to make sure you understand that it is NOT
a good thing to do.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Elaine" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Elaine

I'm sorry, but I am new to these newsgroups. Why does one not post their
full email address, and is there such a thing as posting a partial address.
If so, to what avail?

"Elaine" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

You'll get spammed big time. If I am working with someone and want them to
send me a file, I'll tell them to send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com.
A human being would have to read that and type it in. Spammers are lazy -
that would be too much work. ;-)

You will also learn that we don't usually do personal responses. That
defeats the purpose of a public newsgroup. You may not be the only person
with a particular problem. Maybe the next person can search the archives and
find the solution. If it's handled privately, there's no way for others to
learn.

And one last thing - don't post in all caps. I did it on purpose to strongly
emphasize how bad posting personal information online can be. I wasn't
yelling at you. I don't know you well enough to know if you'd yell back or
cry. (I wouldn't like either.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Elaine" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

As for the slow opening - The probability is that this is attributable to
your AV software. If that is Norton AV a good start would be to turn off its
Office plug-in.

Elaine wrote:
[...]

site/community again quickly? #2 I would appreciate an email to
only because I'm not sure I'll find my way back