Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
D. Verdugo D. Verdugo is offline

Default Change Rows Without Changing Whole Table

I am trying to adjust rows inside a table, but it seems that when I move a
line down, instead of bringing it closer to the next line, it moves
everything down.

I want to tell word to simply increase the size of the first row, while
decreasing the size of the second row - not maintain the second row, and push
the entire table down.

How do I go about doing this?

(If you want to see what I'm talking about, I created a nice little picture
file:
img src="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/ihaveagun/table.jpg"
border="0"
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
D. Verdugo D. Verdugo is offline

Quick note:

I know about how to change the row size through the table properties, but
unless I go through every single row, it still changes the table in this
fashion. Even though the table in my sample image is small, the one I am
working on is not, so I'm really hoping for some sort of option to change, or
keyboard shortcut to press while I adjust the line.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Check the Line Spacing and Paragraph Before/After settings for the text
paragraphs in the cell.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"D. Verdugo" wrote:

I am trying to adjust rows inside a table, but it seems that when I move a
line down, instead of bringing it closer to the next line, it moves
everything down.

I want to tell word to simply increase the size of the first row, while
decreasing the size of the second row - not maintain the second row, and push
the entire table down.

How do I go about doing this?

(If you want to see what I'm talking about, I created a nice little picture
file:
img src="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/ihaveagun/table.jpg"
border="0"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
D. Verdugo D. Verdugo is offline

I understand what you are saying, but that is not the issue. This occurs even
when working on very large tables. I am creating mailing labels, with text
boxes in the correct space, so text isn't the issue.