Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dunromin dunromin is offline

Default speech recognition

Can someone tell me how to activate "speech recognition" in Office 2007
Ultimate?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

My understanding is that speech recognition is not available in Word 2007 as
the function has been handed over to Windows Vista.

dunromin wrote:
Can someone tell me how to activate "speech recognition" in Office
2007 Ultimate?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dunromin dunromin is offline

Thanks for your reply. Has Microsoft got me by the tail? I used to use voice
recognition with an earlier version of MS Office and XP . Since I don't want
to upgrade to Vista is there any other way to resolve my dilemma?

dunromin wrote:
Can someone tell me how to activate "speech recognition" in Office
2007 Ultimate?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In Word 2003 Voice recognition was included in Office
In Windows XP there is no voice recognition
In Word 2007 there is no voice recognition.
In Windows Vista voice recognition is included.
The ways to resolve your dilemma without changing to Vista are to return
Word 2007 for a refund and re-install 2003, reinstall 2003 alongside 2007
(if out of the warranty period) or to install some third party voice
recognition software