Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GWJ GWJ is offline

Default delete a tab in the templates dialog box?

I use Office XP. There are several tabs in the Templates dialog box that I
will never use. How do I delete or hide these tabs. In older versions of
Word, I could just move the folder to another location. XP stores these in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033 and the folders can't be
renamed or moved.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See €śFrequently asked questions about the location of Word 2002 templates€ť
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291186

and

€śManaging templates in Word 2003€ť
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=889495

Basically, the only way to get rid of the "installed" templates (the ones
that ship with Word) is to uninstall them (which will remove the tabs as
well). If there are some templates you want to keep, copy them to a user
templates folder before you uninstall. One caveat: there are a couple of
templates that are not stored with the rest but will be uninstalled along
with them if you uninstall, and they are templates you want to keep because
they contain useful macros. One is SUPPORT.DOT; you may also have a version
of MACROS*.DOT. You may want to look for and copy these before you
uninstall.