Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nyarlathotep Nyarlathotep is offline

Default Word 2007 - Picture Drawing Problem after Page Break and Space Bef

Word 2007 seems to have a problem with the drawing of in-line raster images
in paragraphs with a positive "Space Before" setting (use 30 pts) after a
page break.

Experiement:
1 - Create a new Word file.
2 - Insert a page break (Ctrl+Enter)
{Do not use Format Paragraph Page Break Before}
3 - Create a bitmap in MsPaint, and paste it at the top of the new page
(page 2).
{I used a size of 195 wide × 99 high.}
4 - Set paragraph with Space Before = 30 pts.
{
Actually,
up to 11 pts = No effect;
12 pts to 24 pts = Picture shift down, but paragraph does not move;
25 pts and above = Picture shift out of its the display area;
}

Result: You will notice that the picture is cropmarked-down; it's lower
section has shifted out of the display area. This is not just an on-screen
problem. A printer shows the same result.

I don't know if this is normal, but I don't see the logic to it.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout