Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WilliamsburgPete WilliamsburgPete is offline

Default Hyperlink to Word 2007 Help

I'm developing a class on Word 2007 and want to use some of the excellent
information in Word help to supplement my class material so I hyperlink to
it. This used to work but now instead of going directly to a topic, I go to
the "Welcome to Office Online" home page. For example, if I put the
following hyperlink in my Word document
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...744321033.aspx it takes me to
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx instead. If I Google "Word
2003 2007 reference", I can go directly. Any suggestions on how to fix this
would be most appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The example link you gave takes me to the "Interactive: Word 2003 to
Word 2007 command reference guide" page in both Word 2002 and 2007.
Maybe you're not typing it correctly in your Word document?

WilliamsburgPete wrote:

I'm developing a class on Word 2007 and want to use some of the excellent
information in Word help to supplement my class material so I hyperlink to
it. This used to work but now instead of going directly to a topic, I go to
the "Welcome to Office Online" home page. For example, if I put the
following hyperlink in my Word document
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...744321033.aspx it takes me to
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx instead. If I Google "Word
2003 2007 reference", I can go directly. Any suggestions on how to fix this
would be most appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WilliamsburgPete WilliamsburgPete is offline

Thank you for replying. You're right, the link is for "Interactive: Word
Word 2007 command reference guide".

I have a desktop with Windows XP and a laptop with Vista. Both have office
2007. After I got your response, I tried my problem on the desktop and it
worked. I went back to my laptop and it didn't work. I thought the problem
might be related to OneCare so I uninstalled it. I also signed out of "My
Office Online". It still didn't work so I deleted some recently accessed
cookies. That fixed it. Since then I have reinstalled OneCare and signed
back in to "My Office Online". It still works. I don't understand why but
I'm satisfied.

Thanks.