slugdude

Default tab well

I am trying to use the tabwell (top left) to move my text & numbers but it ha
sno effect.
I am trying to align numbers vetically by the decimal point
to get this effect 175.23
1174.56
but so they align up in a straight line
i know it is possible but cannot seem to master it on this PC

JulieD

you need to look for the tab type of decimal - it's a upside down T with a
dot

alternatively, choose your list, choose format / tabs and set it from within
the dialog box - choosing the type of decimal.

Cheers
JulieD

"slugdude" wrote in message
I am trying to use the tabwell (top left) to move my text & numbers but it
ha
sno effect.
I am trying to align numbers vetically by the decimal point
to get this effect 175.23
1174.56
but so they align up in a straight line
i know it is possible but cannot seem to master it on this PC

TF

Follow Julie's advice and set a Decimal tab: Tab and then enter your number
string. The number will automatically centre around the decimal character.
If it doesn't work, make sure that the decimal character is any punctuation
character EXCEPT the character reserved for the thousands separator as
defined in the Control panel, Regional Settings.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"slugdude" wrote in message
:I am trying to use the tabwell (top left) to move my text & numbers but it
ha
: sno effect.
: I am trying to align numbers vetically by the decimal point
: to get this effect 175.23
: 1174.56
: but so they align up in a straight line
: i know it is possible but cannot seem to master it on this PC
:
:

slugdude

I am getting close to what i want
i set the decimal tab ok
then type my numbers
but they only move to align if i have the curser before the number then hit
the tab key.
i can only move them individualy?
not as a block or Automatically
my decimal character is standard .

i can line them up ok but only one at a time (very time consuming)
any ideas ??
Thanks for the responce