Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Laurel

Default Table width, text wrap?

How do I make a table width stationary in width while typing long text
strings? I do not want to do a carriage return at the end of the width I
want.

I created a blank table, 1 column, 1 row, and set the width for 6 inches. I
went to table propertiescelloptionsand checked the "wrap text" box. When I
type text in the table cell it pushes the table width out to the right rather
than wrapping.

Thank you!