Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
anon[_2_] anon[_2_] is offline

Default Filling in header information automatically into document

I have a table format header that has a persons name, birth date, and other
information. This information also has to be entered again into the
document. I am wondering if there is anyway (a short cut) that can take this
information from the header and automatically put it into the document
without having to retype it all over again. Thanks
--
anon
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Use bookmarks and REF fields. See
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

anon wrote:
I have a table format header that has a persons name, birth date, and
other information. This information also has to be entered again
into the document. I am wondering if there is anyway (a short cut)
that can take this information from the header and automatically put
it into the document without having to retype it all over again.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
anon[_2_] anon[_2_] is offline

Thank you but I am totally lost. Can you give me a cheat sheet on how to do
this. Basically my chart has teh patients last name, first name, MRN, DOB,
and DOS. Then I would like some of this information populated in my
document. THANKS FOR THE HELP
--
anon