Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ray Lowery Ray Lowery is offline

Default Protect Form and TOC

I have a Word 2000 master document with a TOC. When I "protect" the document,
the TOC becomes inactive (I can't select any of the TOC items to open them).
When I "unprotect" the document, the TOC becomes active again. Is there any
way to protect the document and have the TOC active at the same time?

Thansk much for any help with this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Ray,

If you put a section break after the TOC, and leave the TOC section
unprotected, the TOC will remain 'active' in the normal way.

Note that, if your form causes any repagination, the TOC might not display
the correct page numbers unless you print-preview the document twice.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Ray Lowery" Ray wrote in message
I have a Word 2000 master document with a TOC. When I "protect" the

document,
the TOC becomes inactive (I can't select any of the TOC items to open

them).
When I "unprotect" the document, the TOC becomes active again. Is there

any
way to protect the document and have the TOC active at the same time?

Thansk much for any help with this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ray Lowery Ray Lowery is offline

Upon reflection last evening, I came to the same conclusion. Thanks much for
confirming my thoughts.

-- Ray