Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Inês Inês is offline

Default Help with breaks - Word 2003

I have a 149 page doc filled with column breaks and section breaks. Is there
any way to delete them all in one action? I have tried the Line and Page
breaks tab, but nothing happened. So, I am deleting it one by one! It's
exasperating!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Use the Edit Replace dialog. Click the More button to expand the
bottom half of the dialog. With the cursor in the Find What box, click
the Special button, and choose "Section break" near the bottom of the
list. This puts the code ^b in the Find What box. Leave the Replace
With box empty. Click the Replace All button.

Now remove the ^b from the Find What box. Click the Special button and
choose "Column break" from the middle of the list. This puts the code
^n in the Find What box. Click the Replace All button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 15:59:53 -0800, Inês
wrote:

I have a 149 page doc filled with column breaks and section breaks. Is there
any way to delete them all in one action? I have tried the Line and Page
breaks tab, but nothing happened. So, I am deleting it one by one! It's
exasperating!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Use Find and Replace. ^m matches page breaks; ^n matches column breaks.
Replace with nothing.