DJR815

Default How do I type on form I have imported into Microsoft Word

Is it possible to type in information on a form imported into word and then
print it?

Jay Freedman

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 13:06:01 -0700, DJR815
wrote:

Is it possible to type in information on a form imported into word and then
print it?

That depends on how the form was "imported".

- Did you scan the form and then paste or insert the graphic picture
of the form into a Word document? If so, use Insert Text Box to
place boxes over the data areas and type the information into them.

- Did you use an OCR program to convert the form into a real Word
document with tables, etc.? If so, you may be able to just type into
that document. It's unlikely, though -- general-purpose OCR programs
don't do very well with forms, and forms-specialized programs such as
OmniForm are too expensive for one-shot use.

If it's a form you plan to use a lot, the best path usually is to
recreate it from scratch as a real form in Word -- see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...nTheBlanks.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman