Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Mc

Default Insert new Avery Labels?

I'd like to update the list of Avery labels. How do I do that?

Thanks,
Doug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I don't believe there is any way to do this (short of upgrading to a later
version of Word), but you can create your own custom label definitions based
on the instructions Avery provides with new label types.

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
I'd like to update the list of Avery labels. How do I do that?

Thanks,
Doug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Mc

The problem is that I want to use a DVD label and it's pretty complicated to
create.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I don't believe there is any way to do this (short of upgrading to a later
version of Word), but you can create your own custom label definitions
based
on the instructions Avery provides with new label types.

so
all may benefit.

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
I'd like to update the list of Avery labels. How do I do that?

Thanks,
Doug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Did you look to see if there is a Word template for that available on
Avery's website?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
I'd like to update the list of Avery labels. How do I do that?

Thanks,
Doug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Mc

Yes, there is, and I tried to download it but I don't know how to save it.
For your info it's No. 8692.

Any help will be appreciated.
Doug

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
The problem is that I want to use a DVD label and it's pretty complicated
to create.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I don't believe there is any way to do this (short of upgrading to a
later
version of Word), but you can create your own custom label definitions
based
on the instructions Avery provides with new label types.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
I'd like to update the list of Avery labels. How do I do that?

Thanks,
Doug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

On my system, it opens the Word doc within my browser. File - save. Then
open that file with Word.

(To be honest with you, I wouldn't use Word to do this task. I'd use
Publisher or CD Stomper.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
I'd like to update the list of Avery labels. How do I do that?

Thanks,
Doug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

It's software that's used to create CD labels and jewel box inserts. You
also get the base that helps you put the labels on properly.
http://www.cdstomper.com/. They have a trial version of some sort.

(I really like it - well worth the $17 that Amazon wants for it.)
--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

What is CD Stomper?

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
I'd like to update the list of Avery labels. How do I do that?

Thanks,
Doug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Stomper is (or was) based on an early version of Surething CD Labeller.
Surething is easily the best labelling application around. It will produce
all types of labels including DVD labels.

Note that putting adhesive labels on DVD discs is a bad idea. It causes data
loss and can produce out of balance forces that can damage your DVD
writer/player. The only type of labelling for the disc itself that is safe
is that printed on white topped discs with a suitable printer.

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
It's software that's used to create CD labels and jewel box inserts.
You also get the base that helps you put the labels on properly.
http://www.cdstomper.com/. They have a trial version of some sort.

(I really like it - well worth the $17 that Amazon wants for it.)

What is CD Stomper?

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
I'd like to update the list of Avery labels. How do I do that?

Thanks,
Doug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I'd heard something along that line. My (6 yr old) computer didn't even have
a DVD player until this past weekend. I installed a DVD burner but will
probably not use it except as a player. (System speed, etc.) Thank you for
the warning tho.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
It's software that's used to create CD labels and jewel box inserts.
You also get the base that helps you put the labels on properly.
http://www.cdstomper.com/. They have a trial version of some sort.

(I really like it - well worth the $17 that Amazon wants for it.)

What is CD Stomper?

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
I'd like to update the list of Avery labels. How do I do that?

Thanks,
Doug

How do you insert automatice numbering on labels? KJTindle Microsoft Word Help 4 February 22nd 06 07:34 AM
can I use the avery std 8160 labels in place of 8250 labels? babydpoll3fan New Users 1 August 22nd 05 09:50 PM
print file folder labels avery 05204 Tabitha Microsoft Word Help 2 April 23rd 05 06:40 AM
Labels Avery 8160 caroline New Users 3 March 8th 05 06:40 AM
labels - Avery 5166 [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 1 January 5th 05 04:19 PM