Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Mc

Default Printing on CD Sleeve

I tried to print on a CD Sleeve (Word 2000).
I set the paper size to 5" X 5", which seemed to be OK.

I'm using an Epson CX6600 printer and set the paper "weight" to heavyweght
matte.

I printed about ten sleeves and about half of them came out smeared with the
black ink.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Doug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Your printer may have a setting to adjust the drying time.

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
Could be. However I printed some OK. So ????

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I don't think most CD sleeves are meant to be printed on. You might try
using clear labels instead.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
I tried to print on a CD Sleeve (Word 2000).
I set the paper size to 5" X 5", which seemed to be OK.

I'm using an Epson CX6600 printer and set the paper "weight" to
heavyweght
matte.

I printed about ten sleeves and about half of them came out smeared

with
the
black ink.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Doug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Your printer's ability to handle this type of sleeve is clearly marginal.
This is not a function that Word can correct.

Doug Mc wrote:
Could be. However I printed some OK. So ????

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I don't think most CD sleeves are meant to be printed on. You might
try using clear labels instead.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.