Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ekaram

Default Numbering of endnotes/footnotes in Word 2004

Hi
I am using Word 2004 on Mac OS 10.4 and i have a problem with endnotes
numbering. I am working with a big report where all footnotes are
inserted as endnotes in the end of the document with auto numbering.
If i insert a new note between let's say note 3 and 4, it takes number
4 and the previous number 4 becomes 5 and so on, this works great.
However, if i delete note 3 for example, note 4 and the ones after do
not re-number one step up, they still display as 4,5,6. If i have the
following text: "a study shows that the behavior3 of the human4 person
....." (with 3 being note 3, and 4 note 4) and i want to move the
reference 3 to have it after the word study, the result shows up like
"a study3 shows that the behavior of the human5 person ...." and note
number 4 disappears.
Does somebody know what is the problem here? Thank you for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steve Hayes

On 4 May 2006 08:03:30 -0700, "ekaram" wrote:

[...]

Have you tried right clicking on the number and clicking "Update field"?

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/7734/stevesig.htm
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ekaram

Right-clicking does not show any Update field option. But Suzanne's
suggestion worked fine. Thank you anyway for answering.