hinesgg

Default What fonts are in use in my document?

I'm on a deadline and have a file that won't convert to PDF. I'm going to
send it to the printer as a Word document and ask him to print from Word, but
I need to make sure I provide him with all of the fonts being used in the
document. Is there a way to create a list of the fonts being used in a
specific document? I don't need info on fonts that are part of unused styles.

Gail Hines
SVC

I'm not sure there is a way to see what fonts are or are not used in your
document, especially if you manually change the font style. If you have
manualy changed a font to a different one that is not associated with a
specific style, you will have problems.

To see all the possible fonts (ones associated with named styles and ones
added manually that are not associated with a style), you can open the file
using "Recover Text From Any File", which somewhere before the body of the
file will include a list of the all the fonts associated with the file.

Another solution: If the fonts are TrueType fonts, you can have them
embedded in your document so that when viewed or printed by someone else,
they will remain intact.

Tools Options and then click the Save tab. Select Embed TrueType fonts,
then save the document.

"hinesgg" wrote:

I'm on a deadline and have a file that won't convert to PDF. I'm going to
send it to the printer as a Word document and ask him to print from Word, but
I need to make sure I provide him with all of the fonts being used in the
document. Is there a way to create a list of the fonts being used in a
specific document? I don't need info on fonts that are part of unused styles.

Gail Hines

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

What's the error message when you try to create the .pdf?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]