Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jack

Default Backup files sporadic

Althought I have the ALWAYS SAVE BACKUP checked under the SAVE TAB, it seems
backing them up has gone south, or is sporadic. Anyone experienced this?
--
Jack da Shack
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

A backup file is created when you save a document for the *second*
time, which may be the reason why it doesn't seem to work for you. In
other words, Word doesn't create true backups; rather, the backup is
the document one save operation ago. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/AutomaticSave.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP