Vinnie

Default Number formats in Word Tables

How does one format numbers in Word tables?

I'm merging data from an Excel worksheet which has already been formatted
(currency) and although I realise that the merge only looks at the values,
how can I then format these Word table cells to any specific number format???

Thanks in advance
--
Vinnie
Jezebel

If you mean merge in the MailMerge sense, you can add formatting codes to
the mail merge fields; or you can retain the formatting of the data as
provided by Excel. If you are just creating Word tables from Excel data you
can't do it at all.

"Vinnie" wrote in message
How does one format numbers in Word tables?

I'm merging data from an Excel worksheet which has already been formatted
(currency) and although I realise that the merge only looks at the values,
how can I then format these Word table cells to any specific number
format???

Thanks in advance
--
Vinnie

See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm. Note, however, that if
you want the data to come into Word the way it appears in Excel, you can
connect using DDE instead of OLEDB. In order to get a choice about this, you
have to check the box for "Confirm conversion at Open" on the General tab of
Tools | Options. For more on both options, see
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...002/MM2002.htm

"Vinnie" wrote in message
How does one format numbers in Word tables?

I'm merging data from an Excel worksheet which has already been formatted
(currency) and although I realise that the merge only looks at the values,
how can I then format these Word table cells to any specific number

format???

Thanks in advance
--
Vinnie

Jing

dear Jezebel

how do I retain the format as per excel?

I had just done a mailmerge and the figures are all in 1 lump ie, not
separated by commas at the appropriate places

thanks

Jing