Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] david.andres.novoa@gmail.com is offline

Default Word 2007 Starts in Header

Hello!

I have a little problem with Word 2007. For I don't know what reason
everytime I open Word, the "1st line" is now where the header is
(therefore I can start writting on the very top of the document). I
have tried to reset de Normal.docx file but the problem remains. Does
anyone have an idea of what I can do? I have not seen that problem
anywhere else on the web...

Thanks,

David :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Move your cursor to the top of the page, as in at the edge. When the curcsor
changes, left click once. ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello!

I have a little problem with Word 2007. For I don't know what reason
everytime I open Word, the "1st line" is now where the header is
(therefore I can start writting on the very top of the document). I
have tried to reset de Normal.docx file but the problem remains. Does
anyone have an idea of what I can do? I have not seen that problem
anywhere else on the web...

Thanks,

David :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Oh - I'll have to check that out. Not a bad idea though. Thank you.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Actually I believe this has been "fixed" in Word 2007 so that you have to
double-click (making it more difficult to get into that state to begin
with).

so
all may benefit.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello!

I have a little problem with Word 2007. For I don't know what reason
everytime I open Word, the "1st line" is now where the header is
(therefore I can start writting on the very top of the document). I
have tried to reset de Normal.docx file but the problem remains. Does
anyone have an idea of what I can do? I have not seen that problem
anywhere else on the web...

Thanks,

David :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Double clicking is required in 2007, but some still manage it
I have updated my web page to cover the issue - it's uploading at this
moment.

JoAnn Paules wrote:
Oh - I'll have to check that out. Not a bad idea though. Thank you.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Actually I believe this has been "fixed" in Word 2007 so that you
have to double-click (making it more difficult to get into that
state to begin with).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello!

I have a little problem with Word 2007. For I don't know what
reason everytime I open Word, the "1st line" is now where the
header is (therefore I can start writting on the very top of the
document). I have tried to reset de Normal.docx file but the
problem remains. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do? I have
not seen that problem anywhere else on the web...

Thanks,

David :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yeah, I guess I should update mine as well. I've been loath to do any
updates for 2007 since I'm *still* not running it (though I have a new
computer downstairs that will run it--haven't "moved into" it yet).

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello!

I have a little problem with Word 2007. For I don't know what
reason everytime I open Word, the "1st line" is now where the
header is (therefore I can start writting on the very top of the
document). I have tried to reset de Normal.docx file but the
problem remains. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do? I have
not seen that problem anywhere else on the web...

Thanks,

David :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

It's a big change so I understand why you are delaying the switch. It'll
take some getting used to but you'll master it quickly.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello!

I have a little problem with Word 2007. For I don't know what
reason everytime I open Word, the "1st line" is now where the
header is (therefore I can start writting on the very top of the
document). I have tried to reset de Normal.docx file but the
problem remains. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do? I have
not seen that problem anywhere else on the web...

Thanks,

David :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I am still running 2003 in parallel, mainly for reference, but some things
remain easier to achieve with Word 2003, and it will take a long time to
achieve the level of productivity a user very familiar with 2003 can manage.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello!

I have a little problem with Word 2007. For I don't know what
reason everytime I open Word, the "1st line" is now where the
header is (therefore I can start writting on the very top of the
document). I have tried to reset de Normal.docx file but the
problem remains. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do? I
have not seen that problem anywhere else on the web...

Thanks,

David :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's what I plan to do. I've been dragging my feet about getting up and
running, largely because I've had several other time-sensitive obligations
to take care of first. But I need to install Office 2003 first and then
download all the updates, including SP3, which I understand won't work if
you have Office 2007 installed, so I'll want to take care of that before I
install Office 2007. The rub is that I don't want to try to download all
those updates till I get the system connected to my DSL, and when that
happens, it's going to be *the* computer, so it will all have to happen
within a pretty short time frame.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello!

I have a little problem with Word 2007. For I don't know what
reason everytime I open Word, the "1st line" is now where the
header is (therefore I can start writting on the very top of the
document). I have tried to reset de Normal.docx file but the
problem remains. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do? I
have not seen that problem anywhere else on the web...

Thanks,

David :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I didn't have any problems loading the Office 2003 SP3 update or the Word
2003 proofing tools SP3 update with Office 2007 installed? However I only
have Word 2003, FrontPage and the proofing tools installed - the rest of
Office here is 2007.