Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
R Clay R Clay is offline

Default Word files problem

When I either open or close a word document my local email program
opens(groupwise) and I have to click on another box to get to the correct
open file or save file dialog box. I am sure I clicked something wrong when I
first started using word. Is there a way to fix this problem?
--
R Clay
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If the problem goes away when you start Word in its safe mode (hold the ctrl
key whilst starting and acknowledge the ensuing prompt) then see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm especially with
respect to addins and the normal template.

R Clay wrote:
When I either open or close a word document my local email program
opens(groupwise) and I have to click on another box to get to the
correct open file or save file dialog box. I am sure I clicked
something wrong when I first started using word. Is there a way to
fix this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
R Clay R Clay is offline

The problem still occurs when I open in safe mode, any other suggestions
would be appreciated
--
R Clay

R Clay wrote:
When I either open or close a word document my local email program
opens(groupwise) and I have to click on another box to get to the
correct open file or save file dialog box. I am sure I clicked
something wrong when I first started using word. Is there a way to
fix this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This is not normal behaviour - does it go away of you set the default e-mail
application to Outlook?
The problem seems to be associated with GroupWise about which I know
nothing. Maybe a word with Novell support might not go amiss?