Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sompura sompura is offline

Default how to hyperlink table no. of word in the same document

I have a table as below
sr.no. discription
1 headline
2 budget details
3 organisation chart etc.

Below this table i have details as below
1 Headline of the Organisation

2 Budget details (which shows details in another table)

3 Organisation Chart (Which shows detailed organisation Chart)
I want to give link in first page table at sr. no so if i keep mouse on no.
1 it shows link and when i press on that link it takes me to details of
headline of organisation in the same document. if i press on the link of 2 it
shows me budget details in the same documents as in the case of html format
in the same web page we press on the hyperlink it goes to the content of the
link in the same page.

is it possible in word?
please help.
Thank you

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

You seem to be reinventing the existing functionality of the Table of
Contents field. You can automatically compile a Table of Contents (TOC) at
the front (or in other positions) of your document.

This TOC will automatically update to reflect changes in your headings or
heading text. This TOC can be set to automatically hyperlink to the headings
that appear in it.

Please read the online help for the TOC field.

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000