Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
clbuck29 clbuck29 is offline

Default Microsoft Word 2007

In the 2007 format of Word the standard menu bar that included the file,
edit, view, etc menus doesn't seem to be available is there a configuration
that can be modified to bring this menu bar back to Word 2007?
--
clbuck29
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Word doesn' t offer a way to restore the user interface of previous versions,
if that's what you are asking. But you can use an add-in. See
http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribbon...izer/index.php.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"clbuck29" wrote:

In the 2007 format of Word the standard menu bar that included the file,
edit, view, etc menus doesn't seem to be available is there a configuration
that can be modified to bring this menu bar back to Word 2007?
--
clbuck29

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
clbuck29 clbuck29 is offline

Well That is very unfortunate. I can't believe that I would have to purchase
additional products to support what I have already spent to have Word in the
first place.
--
clbuck29

"clbuck29" wrote:

In the 2007 format of Word the standard menu bar that included the file,
edit, view, etc menus doesn't seem to be available is there a configuration
that can be modified to bring this menu bar back to Word 2007?
--
clbuck29

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I could be wrong but I think the basic version of the add-in is for free.

FWIW, I'm not that happy with the new interface either, though I appreciate
the general idea to make it more context sensitive.

Note that, although the options for customization are limited, you can still
assign keyboard shortcuts to your favorite commands, and/or add them to the
Quick Access toolbar.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"clbuck29" wrote:

In the 2007 format of Word the standard menu bar that included the file,
edit, view, etc menus doesn't seem to be available is there a configuration
that can be modified to bring this menu bar back to Word 2007?
--
clbuck29

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The free starter edition of the Patrick's customizer does what you want -
though whether having those menus available is worth doing is another
matter. While I can see why you would be irritated that you have to learn
new ways of doing things, in the end it is easier to do that than to try and
cobble the new version to work like the old - which it isn't going to do
successfully. When you have done that, you will no doubt see the merits of
buying Patrick's customizer.

See also http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm