Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Southpaw Southpaw is offline

Default Template problems

I'm having bullet problems in a template I created for Word. For some reason,
when the template is attached to a document all the regular bullets are
converted to numbered bullets, and some plain text also converts to numbered
bullets. The "Automatically update document styles" box under Templates and
Add-ins isn't checked off and neither is the "Automatically update" box under
Styles and FormattingModify. Please help. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you copy the text, not including the final paragraph mark (¶), into a new
blank document, does that fix these issues? For more, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Southpaw" wrote in message
I'm having bullet problems in a template I created for Word. For some
reason,
when the template is attached to a document all the regular bullets are
converted to numbered bullets, and some plain text also converts to
numbered
bullets. The "Automatically update document styles" box under Templates
and
Add-ins isn't checked off and neither is the "Automatically update" box
under
Styles and FormattingModify. Please help. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Southpaw Southpaw is offline

No, I haven't tried copying it without the paragraph mark because the
documents I work with are 50 pages or more, so I wouldn't have time. I've
tried copying the whole thing and inserting it into a new document with the
template attached and it still does the same thing. I'm thinking there is
something wrong with the template itself, but I can't figure out what it is.

"Southpaw" wrote in message
I'm having bullet problems in a template I created for Word. For some
reason,
when the template is attached to a document all the regular bullets are
converted to numbered bullets, and some plain text also converts to
numbered
bullets. The "Automatically update document styles" box under Templates
and
Add-ins isn't checked off and neither is the "Automatically update" box
under
Styles and FormattingModify. Please help. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Did you read the linked article? I was *not* suggesting that you should copy
paragraph by paragraph, but rather all the text, except the final paragraph
mark of the *document*; this is a common fix for document corruption.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP