Bill

Default Envelopes

I have a custom sized business envelope that I often use, how do I force Word
to save a user specified address location? Word wants to put the address
along the bottom edge of the envelope. I can change the address location in
Evelope Options, but Word will not save the location I want as the default.
It always reverts back to "Auto."
Doug Robbins

Create a template for the envelope in which the Frame that is included in
the Envelope Address Style is located where you want it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Bill" wrote in message
I have a custom sized business envelope that I often use, how do I force
Word
to save a user specified address location? Word wants to put the address
along the bottom edge of the envelope. I can change the address location
in
Evelope Options, but Word will not save the location I want as the
default.
It always reverts back to "Auto."

Bill

Thanks Doug for your prompt response, but unfortunately, I tried that. I
think I changed my Normal Template styles in the process, but when I click on
the envelope tool button, the address is still along the bottom. I am
wondering where the "Auto" setting within the Envelope Options tab looks to
determine the location of the address, because it does not seem to be the
style of the document. Perhaps this is a programmig question.