dugarner dugarner is offline
Junior Member

Default Header and Footer don't show in custom page size

Hi all,
I have googled all over the place for a solution to my problem.

I have a document (a book) that I have been using for close to 10 years. I have created and successfully printed over 15 books with this document. I use Office XP with Word 2002, running on a PC with Windows 7.

I have a 6X9 document, margins 1" all the way around. Headers and footers are set to print .5" from the top and bottom of the page.

When I open my document in print layout, the headers and footers are there. When I click print preview, they are no longer visible on my screen. I have all the white space showing; the headers/footers are not hidden text, and I have it set to show drawing objects.

If I change the page layout to 8 1/2 X 11 or some other default size, the headers and footers are then visible in print preview.

Any clues?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Twayne Twayne is offline

In ,
dugarner typed:
[...]

First: What prints out?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What prints?

What is the nonprinting area for the selected printer? You can find out
by setting all margins to zero (in the Page Setup dialog box); Word
offers to "fix" the margins, and then you'll see the minimum requirements.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP